The National EMS Memorial Bike Ride seeks to recognize the sacrifices of EMS personnel who are killed in the line of duty, who become sick or injured during EMS service, or who died of various causes but who left an impact on their local — or the greater — EMS community.
NEMSMBR participants memorialize these Honorees during the Routes by:
- Reading the names of the Honorees each day at memorial services;
- Carrying dog tags and biographical information of the Honoree throughout the events, either while cycling or performing various logistical support roles;
- Sharing dog tags with family — or colleagues — of the Honoree during the Route, or upon conclusion of the event;
- Sharing with one another the unique qualities and details of each Honoree’s accomplishments and sacrifices to the profession; and
- Displaying biographical information publicly in a “traveling temporary monument” in cities across the country.
To request that a person is honored in our 2017 events, please complete the form below by March 31, 2017.
While not all information provided may be used, the more information you provide allows us to more fully honor each individual.