The National EMS Memorial Bike Ride, Inc. (NEMSMBR) honors Emergency Medical Services personnel by organizing and implementing long distance cycling events that memorialize and celebrate the lives of those who serve everyday, those who have become sick or injured while performing their duties, and those who have died in the line of duty.
The vision of the NEMSMBR is to see recognition of EMS as a profession, a reduction in debilitating injuries and Line of Duty Death (LODD) in EMS and a national EMS accountability system. It is our hope that these events will focus attention on the accomplishments of all EMS personnel, and educate the community at large about the need for improved safety standards, injury prevention, disability tracking and death benefits for EMS personnel and their families.
- Remember EMS workers who have died in the line of duty
- Raise public awareness about line of duty deaths and disabilities in the EMS profession
- Honor EMS workers who continue to work despite dangerous safety conditions
- Advocate for a national tracking of injuries, near misses and a line of duty deaths in EMS
- Provide a safe, friendly and supportive environment for all individuals participating in NEMSMBR events
- Promote healthy lifestyles for EMS providers through physical activity and nutrition